I can’t skate, but want to be involved! What can I do?!
We need you too! We need excited, motivated supporters to help with flyers, practices, bouts, scorekeeping and promoting the league. We need “cheer-bleeders” at our scrimmages and bouts! We need scorekeepers, security, set up and tear down help and much more! Roller Derby isn’t just about the skaters, it’s about the Team. We need all of the volunteer help we can get and welcome your participation. We can’t have a successful league without the support of our families, friends and fans. Soon, you may become all of those 3 things combined!

What kind of sponsorship do you need?
We need it all! We need financial support and contributions (tax deductible). We need uniforms (t-shirts, tube socks, leggings), equipment (knee pads, helmets,guards), food/beverage (How about if you offer the league some food and drink on the house, we promise to bring all of our friends and families!) prizes and goodies (to be raffled or auctioned at fundraisers). We need your support, you need the tax deduction. Great deal! If you are interested in sponsoring CMM please contact us at to request a sponsorship package. Thanks!

When are practices?
CMM practices are held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 7:00pm – 9:30pm at the Spinning Wheels Arena located at 1241 North Mission Road. Safety gear is required to participate, but we have some on hand for use as well as roller skates. There is a drop-in fee of $5 per practice payable in cash upon arrival (your first two drop-ins are free and you’re always welcome to come watch for free.) Please call 989-763-5752 arrange a drop in or email

How long is the roller derby season?
Central Michigan Mayhem holds practices year round.  Our games are played August – early June.

What about my derby name?
You choose it. Let it be whatever you want, but it has to be original. No two derby girls have the same name! We register our names with the International Rollergirls’ Master Roster. Visit their site and see if your name is already registered. If it is, the only way you can have it, is with written permission from the current owner.